There is some difference between AFFiNE and logseq, the most significant difference is that AFFiNE's document mode can be switched seamlessly to whiteboard mode, and the switch between Kanban view and other views is much smoother. On top of that, we want to provide a more powerful editing experience.
All the more atomic-level elements in AFFiNE can be referenced and reused more smoothly, while quickly helping you to structure the brainstorming process.
AFFiNE helps you to finish editing the scattered elements of brainstorming and then quickly integrate them into documents and Kanban boards to help you further execute and implement the organization and management of your personal knowledge base.
Some of the most important features are:
- Every block can be transformed equally well as a database
- e.g. you can now set up a to-do with MarkDown in text view and edit it in Kanban view.
- Every doc can be turned into a whiteboard
- An always good-to-read, structured docs-form page is the best for your notes, but a boundless doodle surface is better for collaboration and creativity.
- The basic element of affine are blocks, not pages.
- Blocks can be directly reused and synced between pages.
- Pages and blocks are searched and organized on the basis of connected graphs, not tree-like paths.
- Dual-link and semantic search are fully supported.
- Collaborative and privacy-first
- Data is always stored locally by default
- CRDTs are applied so that peer-to-peer collaboration is possible.
We also prepared an article to introduce more details about AFFiNE: https://medium.com/@affineworkos/affine-the-next-gen-knowledge-base-to-notion-and-miro-403f0afd9fba
Any other question please feel free to contact us.